Friday, October 16, 2015

Letter reflection

My process was to first write out ideas for how to compose the letter E. Afterwards, I had to design thumbnail sketches to work out which ideas to use. Once I got feedback, I decided on which idea to use, and made two drafts. The idea I decided on, an egg, as you can see below, was one of the first ideas I had, and I liked the possibilities of what I could do with it. The blue background is meant to make the egg stand out more.
Final draft

Thumbnails

More Thumbnails

Draft 1 (sorry it's sideways)

Draft 2

Brainstorming ideas

To represent my idea, one thing I did was show a crack in the egg with white and yolk in it, and yolk spilling out of it. I also gave it the general shape of an egg, with the shadows at the bottom supporting the 3-D aspect of it.
Crack

Full Egg
The most challenging part of this project was not making it look like an egg, but making it look appealing to the eye, because just an egg is not very interesting to look at.

I am pleased with this design, because while it is not too complicated, I really do think it is appealing, and it's very easy to tell what both the letter and the general design are.

If I could change something, I would make the shadow look more realistic, because I accidentally made it a bit too dark. I also would have made the egg's outline smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment